We are a mature end-game focused, casual paced raiding guild. Strange Bedfellows takes our inspiration from Shakespeare's coining of the term in The Tempest.
When Trinculo seeks shelter from a storm under the cloak of a creature he's very unsure about – he wonders if it's a man or a fish – he comments "misery acquaints a man with strange bed-fellows." (The Tempest, Act 2, Scene 2)
In 10+ years of gaming I have come to know some of the greatest people I've met in my lifetime from having become a 'strange bed-fellow' with them in an online gaming environment. It is this unexpected finding of good friends and valued comrades that we name this guild after since the experience of grouping up with strangers is so commonplace in every game but especially with a game like RIFT. You never know what stranger you are about to meet that might become a life long friend.
If you are a member of the guild in game, but not yet a member of this community, please create a Guild Portal account (it is free) using your main character's name (preferably) and click the Join Strange Bedfellows link in the banner up top. Once you've done that, please email Derelique in game or via the portal mail (mention the name of your main if it differs from your Guild Portal user name) and I'll get you access as soon as possible.
If you are not currently a member of Strange Bedfellows, welcome! Please feel free to browse the site and post in the Public section of our forum.
Strange Bedfellows is first and foremost a guild founded by friends who like to play games together. Character progression and content experience are important considerations in MMOG's, they are not, however, the only consideration. For us they are meaningless if you don't truly enjoy the company of those you share them with. Strange Bedfellows is not in a rush to have RIFT World Firsts or Shard firsts, we compete only with the creative minds of gaming developers. We definitely want to make the most out of RIFT and explore everything the game has to offer, but we'll do it in our own time. We will raid 10/20 man content when we get there but no one is going to get divorced, flunk out of college, lose a job or sleep in the process. If you are looking for an aggressive end game raiding guild, we are NOT the group for you.
If you feel that our laid back, real life first philosophy is a good match for your gaming style please contact us in game or leave a post in forums. Adult behavior expected, we welcome players of all ages but our environment is definitely catering more towards people who are more mature (25+), in relationships and/or married, have children, demanding jobs and at that general stage of their life than it is toward high school or college kids who want to name call, troll and be elitst about their gaming skills on the public channels. Our crew is largely EST/CST North American based.
If our philosophy sounds appealing to you, we'd love to hear from you. To join us, please create a Guild Portal account (it is free) using your main character's name (preferably) and click the Join Strange Bedfellows link in the banner up top. Next, post an APP in our JOIN STRANGE BEDFELLOWS forum that simply tells us a little bit about who you are and why you'd like to join us. Then look for us in game.
* Cleaned up some edge case looting bugs that may fix the case where only tanks could loot bosses in dungeon instances.
* Valmera mounts now require Guardian faction to purchase.
* Server stability tweaks.
* Burning Purpose: The damage proc can now only occur a maximum of once every 1.5 seconds. Fixed an issue so that the damage proc is only affected by buffs active on the caster at the time it is triggered.
* Reverent Protection: Now only affects up to 5 targets, and range increased from 10 meters to 35 meters.
* Infestation: Cooldown increased to 1 minute; damage increased due to the higher cooldown.
* Rift Shield: Corrected a bug causing Rift Shield to absorb too much damage. It will now absorb an amount more in line with other absorption shields in the game.
IRON PINE PEAK
* Dabbling in the Forbidden: Tweaked quest so it should update consistently.
* Mob population of Icewatch Outpost has been revamped to be a bit less punishing.
* Armament Recovery: Increased the quantity of Icewatch Armaments available, and corrected the map marker.
* Abyssal Schematics: Removed the cooldown from the quest objective to make this less annoying for group play.
* A Demon's Grimoire: Removed the cooldown from the quest objective to make this *also* less annoying for group play.
* A Traitor Amongst Us: Reduced the respawn timer on Epov Itol.
* Cleansing the Keep: Reduced the respawn timer on Lis Disrata.
* Technology Confiscation: Greatly increased the respawn rate of quest targets and increased number of quest spawn points.
* Transformation Interrupted: Greadly reduced cooldown time on quest targets.
* Guardians on the Edge: This quest will now display map locators.
* A Failure of Leadership: NPCs should no longer steal credit for this quest.
* All players on the quests 'The Fall of Hazeed' or 'Hazeed's Demise' now receive the Tarnish the Maw achievement after killing Hazeed at the event in Golden Summit. Players who missed out on this achievement previously can now receive it if they are in the vicinity of the event when Hazeed is killed.
* Foiled Plans: Fixed up some spawning issues with Hazeed during this quest.
* Lester Ironbole at Gildstone Sanctum will not be attacked by the Storm Legion in the area.
* The Defiant respawn point in Tempest Plains should no longer occasionally have a big rock on top of it when a nearby Rift is active.
* Broken Trust and Broken Hearts: Quest is now fixed for updates thanks to player feedback!
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
AKALA [Outdoor Raid]
* Fixed a rare issue where Akala would not reset properly after repeat wipes.
* Moved the Messenger of the Vigil respawn NPC closer to the Charmer's Caldera respawn point.
* Falling through the world, or using the Customer Service 'I'm Stuck' button, will now result in a respawn inside the Warfront instead of teleporting you out and applying the Deserter debuff!
* The spacing of objectives in the Rift meter UI is back to the original settings.
* Twitter credentials are not included in /exportui or brought in via /importui.